Manicure and pedicure is a part of self-grooming, which creates a more pleasing personality for both males and females. It is not just women, but also men can take advantage of this. If this beauty regimen is followed regularly, it will keep your nails of hands and feet healthy.
What is included in Manicure?
Basically, manicure includes a mix of different treatments and techniques. The treatment methods differ from one spa to another. Manicures include hand massages, exfoliation, drip dry, buffing, cuticle treatment and wax treatment. In the end, shellac or nail polish is applied.
A package that suits your needs has to be chosen and you will be charged accordingly. Remember to take an appointment and keep the personnel at the spa informed about any skin sensitivity you may have, so that your needs are taken care more appropriately.
What is included in Pedicure?
Pedicure treatment differs from one spa to another. In general, the treatments included are foot soak, nail trimming & grooming, exfoliation, cuticle treatment, moisturizing, foot massage and nail polish application in the end. You will be provided with various packages. Health spas like Strom Spa finlandais offer ‘unique treatment’ custom designed for their clients.
Regular treatment for manicure and pedicure helps to prevent nail disorders or diseases. Moreover, you do not have to worry about painful and unsightly conditions.
Eradicate/prevent common conditions
- Thickened nails
- Bitten nails
- Brittle nails
- Curved nails
- Fungal nails
- Ingrown toe nails
Exfoliating the skin is done to remove dead cells, stimulate regeneration and smooth the surface. Pumice is used to peel off the dead skin and calluses from the feet. Standing on calluses all day triggers pain and aches in your feet, which is made better during the pedicure treatment.
For cuticle treatments, special moisturizers are used for skin hydration. The moisturizer is massaged on your hands and feet as well as on the nails and cuticles to nourish them. The cuticles are softened, pushed back and removed. Massaging enhances blood circulation, relieves you from stress, ache and pains. Ultimately, you get a smooth, soft and re-energized feel in the hands and feet. Moreover, cuticle treatment strengthens your toe and fingernails.
Mental and physical health benefits of manicure and pedicure
- When your feet are exposed to excess dampness, fungi often develop on toe nails. The infection is noticed after a few weeks. However, professionals are capable of detecting the fungal infection at an early stage for better treatment. Therefore, getting pedicure done regularly is in fact the best way to maintain toe health.
- Manicure and pedicure provides your hand and toe nails a fantastic look.
- Wrist pain because of tendonitis is relieved with massage during manicure.
- Hands are exposed to dirt daily. Thus, grime is easily accumulated on the skin. Feet are generally exposed to different weather conditions like summer and spring. Also, walking and standing on them cause calluses or other rough skin conditions. Exfoliation softens your hands and reduces wrinkles.
- Massaging action not just relaxes, but also escalates the blood circulation. Thus, stiffness during cold months is reduced because heat is distributed evenly all across the body.
Professionals at the spa give you high-quality treatment and help you to keep your feet, hands and nails healthy and in good shape. Therefore, take time and get manicure and pedicure treatment done for absolute health.
Author’s Bio: This blog post has been written by Adam and he works for Strom Spa finlandais. Please feel free to visit their website to learn more about their services, and discounts on different spa packages.